Digital resources for education are classified into the following categories (Digital learning materials: classification and implications for the curriculum. Berg, Blijleven, Janson):
- Electronic Performance Support System: Online resources to help teachers learn things that will help them with any part of doing their jobs.
- Communication and Collaboration Environments: Online systems that coordinate communication and resource sharing between a group.
- Online drill-and-practice for Students: Build on existing knowledge and give the student the opportunity to practice.
- Tutorials for self-directed student learning: Support students acquiring skills
- Multimedia to use to support instruction: Videos, text, etc. to use as part of a lesson.
- Simulations: Programs that can illustrate a process.
- Educational games: games with a learning purpose.
- Databases and information: topic related collections of information that can be used in lessons.
- Online or digital tools for creating or arranging content: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Lesson Plan resources: Libraries of lesson plans and resources to support them.
If you have a digital resource to share with others, click here to tell us about it. (Make a form that sends notice to the webmaster.)